Thursday 5 March 2009

Bike serviced....


Collected Trek from John Atkins Cycles (L/Spa)and took it for a 30 mile shake down. New 'external' bottom bracket, cables, jockey wheels, pedals, chain and block all managed to get me home without any of the squeaking I'd got used to, so that was good news. Also came away with some more 'lightweight' goodies for the tools kit, a chain splitter, chain repair link, two spokes (with nipples) and a spoke spanner. My improvised personal hi-fi speaker works a treat, its mounted just behind the handle bars and it connects directly to my phone/MP3/radio gizmo in my crossbar bag. Surprising what you can make with an old light fitting, some batteries, and old speaker, some 'medical grade latex', a bit of plastic card and electrical tape. So I reckon the bike is pretty much ready for the trip - just me to get sorted now. Swift trip over to Gaydon Inn to join the Wedenesday night cyclists for a beer or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment