Friday 10 April 2009

What a Good Friday





The plan was to have a few friends around for lunch to give me a bit of moral support ahead of me setting of on 23rd. Delighted that over 70 people came and that we munched our way through brie and bacon croissants, mini roast beef yorkies, waffles straight from the waffle iron, a multitude of home made muffins(savory and sweet), green chilli (yes chilli) pancakes, honey roast sausages all washed down with bucks fizz and the occasional bottle of Stella. The little ones were entertained with garden egg hunts, "pick an egg to find an egg" and the old favourite - pin the tail on the Easter Bunny (not a real one). For the more technically challenged was the game of skill 'guess the weight of the panniers' - with all of my kit (laid on the table in photo) packed into them. Jane Hill winning the adult prize and Becky Hawkins the junior prize - and the answer was 18.145kg

CORD and NOTDEC UK had provided videos and leaflets and there was even a fly virtual through of the route from my PC software. I'll try and upload it here in a while.

Thanks to the superb support of you, our friends, the sterling work of Chris at the AGA and Lana and Kirsty to keep the little ones entertained the day flew by. Also a huge thank you to everyone who came and also to everyone who has donated to date. Today raised £673.65 so we have now exceeded the £1,000 target - which is fantastic. Many thanks. I'll obviously still welcome donations via the link on this blog or give me cash or cheques (payble to CORD) - If we include the Gift Aid that will be reclaimed I reckon that we'll be heading for £1,500 very soon and even £2,000 is not impossible!
For those who have been following my sore knee saga I'm please to report that it's much better today and although I'll rest it over for a few days the doctor thinks I'll live. So there we are - A GOOD FRIDAY..

No comments:

Post a Comment